Visit the app store on you cell phone, whether Google Play Store or Apple App Store, search for “Monis”, the download is free.
If you wish to change your password, telephone number or email address associated with the account, open you account and select “Configuration.” You can make changes here.
- Login to your MONIS account from another cell phone and change the password.
- Call your cell service provider to block the cell phone. This is only a partial solution as the cell phone can open the account over WIFI; this is why it is not recommended to post your password anywhere on your phone.
- In case the situation occurs outside office hours, please the next day, make your respective report through some of the channels: by call at number 4000-2400, writing us by WhatsApp at number 8898-2122 or by mail monissoporte@ teledolar.net.
- If you acquire a new phone number, and you still remember the MONIS password, download the application and change the phone number in the “Settings” option.
- If you purchase a new mobile device and are assigned the same number, download the mobile application again and log in normally. If you forgot your password, you can request a new one when entering the application, in the option “Recover password”.
- If you change your phone number and do not remember the password, you can write to us at the corporate WhatsApp number 8898-2122 to guide you through the process.
- With cash in TELEDOLAR agencies and authorized stores
- Through a direct transfer from one MONIS account to another MONIS account
- If you have an account with SINPE Móvil de MONIS, you can receive money from another financial institution
- If you receive money from abroad through TELEDOLAR, you can request that it be deposited in your MONIS account, in colones or dollars, as you decide. This service has no additional cost. It does not apply to MoneyGram remittances.
- Through Sinpe transfers from other banking entities.
- Requesting money from other own bank accounts, previously registered in Monis.
- In TELEDOLAR agencies and authorized stores you can withdraw cash via a token delivered via text message. You can withdraw up to 6 times monthly totally free, after the seventh cash withdrawal, the service has a charge of $1.
- Through SINPE transfers to one’s own accounts from other financial entities. You can transfer up to 6 times monthly totally free, after the seventh transfer, the service has a charge of $1.
- Through transfers SINPE Móvil can transfer up to ₡ 200,000 colones per day to other financial entities at no cost.
- Through the direct use of the Monis Visa Debit card.
MONIS offers money transfer service between users of the MONIS app. Transfers are made from a MONIS account in Colones or dollars to a user registered in MONIS to their account in Colones or dollars, depending on the sender’s preferences. This service is completely free and has no transaction limits
With SINPE Móvil you can transfer Colones to accounts in any financial institution linked to a telephone number. Through SINPE Móvil you can transfer up to ₡200,000 Colones per day to other financial institutions at no cost. If you are affiliated with SINPE Móvil de MONIS, you can receive money from other financial entities
When you register with MONIS, you will automatically be enrolled in a SINPE Móvil account unless you are already affiliated with another financial institution, in which case you must first disenroll from the other financial entity, then enter the MONIS app and in the menu, you will find the option “Join SINPE Móvil”, by accepting the Terms and conditions will automatically join SINPE Móvil de MONIS.
You can add your own IBAN account in one way:
- In the “Configuration” option, you can enter the “Own IBAN Accounts” option and click the “add new account” button and enter the IBAN account number. If you already have one or more accounts saved, you can click on the “Edit” option and then on the “Add” option.
It is not possible to reverse reloads to prepaid phones lines
Yes, it is possible to use Monis to pay third-party public or private utility bills as long as you have the access key, that is NIS number, account number or appropriate identification
- Do not share the key with other people
- Do not write down the password where it can be seen accessed
- Be sure your phone is password-protected
- Do not use public Wi-Fi.